Easy Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe | Temps d’un Café
This Easy Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe | Temps d’un Café is perfect for your coffees, smoothies or when cooking
You will never buy cashew milk again once you try this easy and delicious recipe. My Easy Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe | Temps d’un Café only takes a few seconds to make Once you are done, you can keep your milk up to 5 days in the fridge. I use cashew milk on a daily basis for my smoothie or when I’m making vegan pancakes.
Easy Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe (Perfect for your Cappuccino)
This creamy, dairy-free option will become your go-to milk
Cashew milk, or any type of nut milk, is quite easy to make. It is not just easy but also way cheaper than buying it at your local grocery store on a regular basis. Also, the taste is A LOT better when you make it yourself. I tried a few options at my grocery store and, quite frankly, I hated all of them. The list of ingredients is also ridiculously long for absolutely no reason.
You can use this milk in your coffee, smoothie or when cooking
Homemade cashew milk can be used for so many things like your morning coffee, chai tea, smoothie or when you’re cooking. My easy homemade cashew milk will also give you a very frothy milk if you want, which for me, is very important. In my opinion, cashew milk mixes very well with coffee. I also add it in my cereals or my favourite avocado smoothie. If you want a very simple unsweetened recipe, you will only need raw cashews and filtered water.
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 cups and a half of water
- 3 pitted dates (Mine are from Algeria)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- Once they are ready, drain the cashews and rinse them for a few seconds
- Add all your ingredients in a blender (My favourite brand is Vitamix)
- Blend everything (for about 2 minutes) until you get a creamy texture. Be patient!
- Strain your milk (once or twice). Use a strainer instead of a cheese cloth to keep your hands clean!
- Pour your milk in a bottle and store in the fridge up to 5 days. Voilà!
Tip of the day
Keep the cashew leftover for a delicious cake