Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe | Temps d’un Café
My Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe | Temps d’un Café is easy to make and so delicious
Baking is something I love doing to relax and to have some fun. However, spending hours just to make a little sweet isn’t for me. Instead, I prefer easy peasy recipes full of flavours and deliciousness! Everyone will love this Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe.
Easy peasy almond butter oatmeal cookies recipe
This delicious homemade almond butter oatmeal cookies recipe will warm your heart
The long weekend is finally here and what better way to spend it than baking? The fresh smell of warm cookies in my house is something I’ve been enjoying from a very young age. My homemade almond butter oatmeal cookies recipe is so easy to make and will only take 20 minutes!
When I’m craving something sweet, I need it now! Waiting is the worst feeling which is why I usually come up with easy peasy recipes for you guys. The delicious smell of cookies will warm everyone’s heart. You might also enjoy my Homemade Moist Carrot Cake, but for now, let’s bake some delicious cookies!
How to make homemade roasted almond butter using a blender
I was missing one of the most important ingredient for my almond butter oatmeal cookies, almond butter! But not to worry, making homemade almond butter is the easiest thing on earth. All you need is roasted almonds and a blender! Add your roasted almonds in your blender and slowly increase to its highest speed (see picture for reference). Blend until creamy, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
Patience is key, you will notice how your almonds will get very dry at first but just keep blending! If you want your butter to be crunchy, don’t over blend it to keep delicious almonds chunks. I used a Vitamix, which for me is one of the best blender out there!
My easy almond butter oatmeal cookies recipe in just a few steps
My almond butter oatmeal cookies recipe is easy to make but I’ve had some struggle with it. So here are a few tips to help you have the best result:
- Keep the quantity exactly as they are. I tried with less avocado oil, but unfortunately, the result is way too dry and not soft at all.
- It’s very important to select the convection bake option and not just baking. The convection will allow your cookies to stay soft and moist.
You are now ready to bake some cookies!
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla (I usually go way overboard with this)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- You can mix by hand or with a handheld mixer until well combined
- Scoop equal rounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets (see picture for reference). You can make bigger cookies but I prefer smaller ones.
- Bake for 10 minutes . Cool for 5 minutes and keep reading to enjoy these cookies with my almond latte with star anise!
A perfect almond latte with star anise to enjoy your homemade cookies
Since this is a long weekend, I am giving you a little extra! A delicious almond extract and star anise latte to enjoy with your delicious almond butter cookies. This coffee recipe is very easy to make and will balance the sweetness of your cookies perfectly. Since the star anise has a strong taste, stay away from Third Wave coffee beans as they tend to be very bitter.
- A double espresso (60 ml)
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 of milk (I use oat milk)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of maple syrup or any kind of sweetener (optional)
- In a coffee cup, add the star anise, almond extract and cinnamon
- Use that same cup to make your espresso
- Let it sit for 2 minutes and warm your milk in the mean time. I have the Barista Breville Express machine, which I highly recommend, but a Nespresso milk frother would work perfectly.
- Remove the star anise from your cup. This ingredients is very strong so removing it will allow the taste to be soft and not overpower the whole latte.
- Pour your milk into your cup
Enjoy and don’t forget to share your recipes on social media by using #tempsduncafe hashtag and by tagging @tempsduncafe