04 May Cheese and pepper Cacio e Pepe delicious recipe
Cheese and pepper Cacio e Pepe delicious recipe
Anthony Bourdain’s favourite dish is surprisingly very easy to make
Cheese and pepper Cacio e Pepe delicious recipe is the perfect meal when you need something quick but very tasty! Anthony Bourdain LOVED this amazing dish and I really wanted to understand why. Cacio e pepe is quite simple to make but the ingredients make this dish divine. Then again, this pasta dish is made with fresh Parmagiano Reggiano and Pecorino Romano, which automatically explains the deliciousness of this plate.
Why mixing Parmagiano Reggiano with Pecorino Romano?
Cheese and pepper Cacio e Pepe delicious recipe contains 2 very important ingredients that change everything. In order to get the best taste, mixing these 2 cheeses really does make a difference. Parmagiano Reggiano, in comparison to Pecorino Romano, has a nutty taste and is slightly more subtle. Pecorino Romano on the other hand is saltier and stronger. Having these 2 delicious cheeses with fresh pepper balances everything so well.
Cacio e Pepe, creamy without the cream!
As mentioned earlier, Cacio e Pepe is only a combination of Parmagiano and Romano without any cream in the recipe. However, with the right technique, you will get amazing creamy pasta! The number one rule is to keep stirring the pasta, DO NOT STOP! Also, do not throw the pasta water since we will be using it during the preparation (very important!).
Cacio e Pepe with 1 ou 2 Cocktails and Structube
To enjoy this meal even more, 1 ou 2 Cocktails came up with a cocktail recipe that goes perfectly with Cacio e Pepe. Since pasta is from Italy (duh!) a cocktail with coffee was a necessity. Click here for the recipe
But this time, we wanted to give you more than just recipes! We decided to collaborate with Structube to give you a very “Pinterest” look of what our table actually looked like. Because our 16-piece ceramic set was already beautiful by itself, adding a small portion of simple beautiful pasta added the perfect touch.
CACIO E PEPE INGREDIENTS
- 500 gr of spagetthi
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 garlic gloves
- Fresh grounded black pepper
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2/3 of Pecorini Romano
- 1/2 of Parmagiano Reggano
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions. For this recipe, we want to make sure the water has enough salt. Keep stirring so that the pasta don’t stick together. Very important! We want the pasta Al Dente so 10 minutes is the perfect timing to cook your pasta. I always set an alarm to make sure I don’t forget about them.
- Meanwhile, in a large fry pan, add your olive oil, garlic and lots of fresh grounded black pepper. Put the heat on medium low to make sure you don’t burn the garlic and the olive oil.
- Once the pasta is ready to go, add 1/4 cup of the pasta water in the fry pan with 1 tbsp of butter. Mix well.
- Transfer your pasta into the fry pan. DO NOT drain the pasta. Transfer everything directly and YES you will have some water from your pasta which is EXACTLY what we want. Using the pasta water is very important and truly makes a difference.
- Add the pecorino and parmesan and start mixing everything. Very important to keep mixing and shaking your pan so that everything is perfectly mixed. I use a fork for this step, easier and very convenient.
- Add more pasta water when needed to really get a creamy texture. Serve everything in the same fry pan and eat right away!
- Extra tip: If you have some truffle oil, you can add some! Bon appétit!